Ouch.

Day 5 - Sunday, January 14
Jeremy (Chris' brother) and I (Judy) went skiing today at Eldora mountain. Jeremy went snowboarding while I stuck to the traditional skis. I was a little hesitant because it's been over 10 years since I skied last. But, to my surprise, it was easy to pick up again. After 10 or so runs on the green slopes, I told Jeremy I wanted to try the black diamond slopes. I used to be good at it, so why not try it again? We hopped on a 20 minute lift ride that took us to the very top of Eldora mountain (10,000 ft). It was a beautiful view at the peak of the mountain. The slopes didn't look too bad, but I figured I should warm up first by going down a blue slope. It started off easy enough, but all of a sudden it seemed to turn in to a 90 degree drop. This was not how I remembered blue slopes being. I couldn't slow down and I was thinking it was only a matter of seconds before I wiped out. Before I could finish that thought I realized I was tumbling down the mountain. When I finally stopped, I looked back up the mountain to see 1 of my skis, 1 of my poles laying about 100 feet above me, and some very nice people skiing to my aid. That was enough to scare me out of trying a black diamond slope. Except for a few bruises and a bit of a scare, it was overall a fun day. Although, I doubt I'll be skiing again anytime soon.

While we were skiing, Chris, the kids, and his parents went out to Boulder for some shopping. They bought a inner tube to try sledding on. We can't wait to try that tomorrow!

No comments: