Domestic Violence..

I'm not sure what brought this to mind, other than to say that's just how things go for me. When I lay in the bed and try to go to sleep, so many things just pop into my mind.

Judy and I went to Cancun for vacation several years ago. We stayed at a huge resort with tons of stuff to do. One of the activities we did was to rent a few Yamaha WaveRunners. They were pretty nice and fairly fast. We started out from the beach and didn't get far before we started to play and have fun. Without warning, Judy was coming straight at me and her WaveRunner rammed me in the side. The worst part of the this is that the bottom of the WaveRunner is curved, so it rose up out of the water and hit me in the side of the ribs. It knocked the breath out of me and I thought for sure our vacation was over. After a few minutes of purposeful breathing, I was able to mostly recover. She said it was my fault.

I've moved past it now (and did then, too). I just thought it was funny for this to pop up in my head and wanted to share the funny story.

No comments: